Only the piers remain of the bridge that crossed the Clutha River/Mata-Au into Alexandra from 1882 until 1958, when the present bridge was built. The piers are of local schist and stand nearly 30 metres high.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence