You may browse and access information on this website without providing any personal information.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (such as through email feedback or online forms), unless otherwise stated we will only use that information to improve our services and to communicate with you. We will keep any such information secure, and will only disclose personal information with your consent, or if we are legally required to do so.
Disclosure of information
This information is held by Manatū Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage (MCH). You have the right to see any information we hold about you, and to ask us to correct any of your information that we hold. Please email: [email protected] if you have any concerns.
Data Tracking used by this website
We use Google Analytics to collect and analyse details about the use of our website. We do this to help us improve this site and our services. The data is collected and stored on the Google server and is viewable by authorised staff. We do not share this information with any other agency.
This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system (such as Windows 10, Mac OS)
- the type of web browser you use (such as Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, or Edge); and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
Browser cookies are used by this website to improve the user experience. Cookies are small files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies from this site are not used to gather or allow the gathering of any personally identifiable information.
You may manually disable cookies at any time — check your browser's Help section. This will not affect your ability to view the site. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
Data tracking used by our email client for e-newsletters
MCH monitors the effectiveness of these newsletters using analytical tools offered by Campaign Monitor that collect the following information:
- Unique opens – The number and email addresses of subscribers that have opened the email
- Email client usage – which email account (Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail) was used to open the email
- Regions – Where this email has been opened
- Bounced – The number of emails that weren’t successful due to an inactive address, DNS failure, or if the recipient’s mailbox was full
- Not opened – The number and email addresses of subscribers that didn’t open the email
- Shares – The number of times the newsletter has been shared via email, Facebook or Twitter by subscriber
- Most popular links – The most clicks on any links directing to other websites or information not contained in the email
There is no ability to collect information beyond this, or to track the recipient outside of a specific e-newsletter. Once the recipient has closed the newsletter, no further information can be collected. When you unsubscribe to our alerts or newsletters, your details will be deleted from the database.
If you have any concerns about personal information that we hold, please email [email protected] or write to:
The Privacy Officer
Manatū Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage
PO Box 5364