This impressive six-span concrete bridge over the Clutha River at Balclutha was begun in 1928, but construction halted on account of the economic depression. It was completed in 1935, and was officially opened by Prime Minister George Forbes on 6 April. The bridge was still in use in 2009.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.