Story: Otago places

Mosgiel woollen mill, 2009 (1st of 2)

Mosgiel woollen mill, 2009

The Mosgiel woollen mill was the town’s major employer from 1871, when it opened, until its closure in 2000. The buildings are now an industrial estate known as Mill Park.

Using this item

Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Malcolm McKinnon, 'Otago places - Taieri', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, (accessed 18 May 2022)

Story by Malcolm McKinnon, updated 1 Jul 2015