Story: Otago places

Mosgiel woollen mill, 1875 (2nd of 2)

Mosgiel woollen mill, 1875

Four years after the Mosgiel woollen mill opened, this engraving appeared in the Illustrated New Zealand Herald. It shows the factory buildings, the hills that separate the Taieri Plain from the coast, and farm workers in the foreground.

Using this item

Alexander Turnbull Library
Reference: PUBL-0047-1875-001

Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Malcolm McKinnon, 'Otago places - Taieri', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, (accessed 18 May 2022)

Story by Malcolm McKinnon, updated 1 Jul 2015