This impressive structure was designed by architect Robert Lawson for Dunedin businessman William Larnach. Completed in 1871, it has passed through many hands since Larnach’s suicide in 1898. The owners in 2009 offered accommodation, dining, and tours of the building and grounds.
Using this item
Photograph by Andris Apse
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.