Grapes were first grown commercially at Rippon, a winery on the shores of Lake Wānaka, in 1982. The vineyard is named after Emma Rippon, whose grandson Percy Sargood – grandfather of winery founder Rolfe Sargood Mills – bought the Wānaka station in 1912. Rippon vineyard hosted the first Sculpture in Central Otago exhibition from February to May 2009. In this picture Ruby Island is visible in the lake.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.