The Wesleyan church at the tiny settlement of Taumutu was built in 1885 and named the Hōne Wētere (John Wesley) Church. Its congregation (shown here in 1899) consisted mainly of Māori families engaged in commercial fishing at nearby Lake Ellesmere.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: Selwyn P7030165
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.