Near Hororata stands Coton’s cottage, a typical 19th-century farm dwelling. It was built in 1864 by Bentley Coton who with his wife Sarah bought 50 acres of land at Hororata. The cottage has five rooms and is of cob construction – a mixture of local clay and tussock.
Using this item
Permission of Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga must be obtained before any re-use of this image.