New Brighton was named after the English seaside resort with its famous pier. A wooden pier was built at New Brighton in 1894, but it was demolished in 1965. This is the concrete replacement.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence