In 1905 the governor of New Zealand, Lord Plunket, and his wife visited Tuahiwi pā near Kaiapoi. They were shown Māori carvings that had once been at the entrance to the marae. Tuahiwi is still the main settlement of the Ngāi Tūahuriri sub-tribe of Canterbury’s main tribe, Ngāi Tahu.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: PhotoCD 7 IMG0018
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.