Kōrero: Insurance

Who are you going to call? (2 o 2)

Who are you going to call?

These fridge magnets give the toll-free number of the state-owned Earthquake Commission (EQC) for reporting earthquake, slip and volcano damage. EQC pays claims for property damage caused by earthquake, landslip, volcanic eruption, geothermal activity or tsunami, and storms or floods on residential land. The commission also researches and plans the most effective responses to large-scale natural disasters. Insurance companies charge policy owners a disaster insurance premium, which is then paid to EQC.

Magnets courtesy of Earthquake Commission

Te whakamahi i tēnei tūemi

Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Marguerite Hill

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

Ngā whakaahua me ngā rauemi katoa o tēnei kōrero

Te tuhi tohutoro mō tēnei whārangi:

Alan Henderson, 'Insurance - Disaster insurance', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/mi/photograph/24138/who-are-you-going-to-call (accessed 21 June 2024)

He kōrero nā Alan Henderson, i tāngia i te 11 Mar 2010