For many years, the Napier–Taupō road was an important route from the central North Island to the coast. One stopping place was Rangitāiki, where the road crossed the Rangitāiki River. Travellers and locals pose for this photograph, around 1910.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.