The racecourse at Whanganui is shown in the 1870s or 1880s (top) and about 1910 (bottom). In the interval between the two photos, facilities were developed considerably, with two large covered grandstands by 1910. The crowd, too, had grown in size.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.