This map of central Wellington was made by the historian Louis Ward around 1925. It uses T. H. Fitzgerald’s 1840 plan of Wellington as a base map. It also names the owners of the original plots balloted in London by the New Zealand Company. Names of later owners (up to 1925) are in brackets.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.