Edgar Roy Brewster shows visitors around his beehive house, in which all design elements were hexagonal, and even a print of the 'Mona Lisa' hung in a six-sided frame. Brewster built the house at Sanders Avenue, New Plymouth, in 1947, and over the next two decades it hosted more than a quarter of a million visitors. The house was called Norian, a name based on the phrase 'no right angles'. Brewster dismantled the building in 1966 after selling the land on which it was sited.
Using this item
Archives New Zealand - Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga
Reference: Pictorial Parade 67. National Film Unit, 1957
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence