During the First World War (1914–18), when this photograph was taken, the displacement of the horse by the motor car was underway. Although Te Puke had been established for more than 30 years, the buildings still have a fresh look. The trees were newly planted – a memorial to the wartime fallen.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library, R. Judd Collection (PAColl-5007)
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment