A map of the Bay of Islands in New Zealand's far north, around 1840, shows the property of James Clendon, the first US consul in New Zealand. Clendon’s house at Okiato was purchased by Governor William Hobson and became the site of the New Zealand colony’s first capital, which was named Russell.
Using this item
Auckland City Libraries - Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero, Sir George Grey Special Collections
Reference: NZ Map 5449
Permission of Auckland City Libraries Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero must be obtained before any re-use of this image.