Kōrero: Spending in the economy

Personal spending

Personal spending

Private consumption covers a broad range of items. In 2008 some commentators thought that New Zealanders spent too much on personal consumption and not enough on investment. How much money people have to spend and how they spend it determines their standard of living. In 2008, 70% of New Zealanders were either satisfied or very satisfied with their standard of living, and another 18% were neither satisfied nor dissatisfied. Most people – 88% – felt that their standard of living was either medium or above.

Te whakamahi i tēnei tūemi

New Zealand Herald
Reference: 181008HOSMCLOTTO06

Permission of the New Zealand Herald must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

Ngā whakaahua me ngā rauemi katoa o tēnei kōrero

Te tuhi tohutoro mō tēnei whārangi:

Paul Dalziel, 'Spending in the economy - Spending and investing', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/mi/photograph/21626/personal-spending (accessed 25 January 2020)

He kōrero nā Paul Dalziel, i tāngia i te 11 Mar 2010, updated 16 Sep 2016