This dwelling was built in 1854 for Michael Studholme, owner of Te Waimate Station. It has tōtara walls, a thatched roof, and is lined with wattle and daub. The chimney is made of sun-dried bricks (adobe). Known as 'The Cuddy', the dwelling has been well maintained and is still owned by the Studholme family.
Using this item
Permission of Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga must be obtained before any re-use of this image.