This menu from Bellamy's restaurant for 8 September 1955 shows that the fare on offer was mostly plain, with the occasional flourish such as 'Consomme Macedoine' and 'Dominion Trifle au Sherry'. As the main social gathering place for MPs and parliamentary staff, Bellamy's, modelled on the British parliamentary institution, has been in existence since the 1850s.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.