This map shows the location of New Zealand Army bases and areas in 2012, and some of the activities that take place there.
- The 1st NZ SAS (Special Air Service) group is based in Papakura. The photograph shows members of the SAS training.
- The Waiōuru base houses the Land Training and Doctrine Group, the Officer Cadet School, the Land Operations Training Centre, the Army Depot and Queen Alexandra's Squadron. The photograph was taken during Exercise Viper 2011, a combined arms training exercise.
- Linton houses HQ 2nd Land Force Group, 1st Battalion RNZIR (Mounted Infantry), 16th Field Regiment (Artillery and Air Defence), 2nd Engineer Regiment, 2nd Signals Squadron, 2nd Logistics Battalion, 2nd Field Hospital and the Operational Welfare Unit.
- The Trentham Regional Support Centre and the Force Military Police Company are based in Trentham. This photograph was taken at the opening of the 1st NZ Explosive Ordnance Disposal Squadron.
- The HQ3 Land Force Group, the 2nd/1st Battalion RNZIR (Infantry) and 3rd Logistics Battalion are based in Burnham. This photograph was taken during the Freyberg Competition, a firearms tournament for army personnel.
- Tekapo is a military training area. These members of the armed forces are training before being deployed to Afghanistan.
Te whakamahi i tēnei tūemi
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.