Kōrero: Aquaculture

Value of New Zealand aquaculture production by species, 2001

New Zealand’s aquaculture industry is based on three species: the indigenous green-lipped mussel, quinnat salmon and the Pacific oyster. In 2001 they accounted for 98% of the total earnings from aquaculture. The remaining 2% came from scallops, freshwater prawns and pāua (abalone).

Te whakamahi i tēnei tūemi

Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

Source: Andrew Jeffs, ‘Aquaculture development: the importance of a helping hand’. Seafood New Zealand, April 2003, p. 27

Ngā whakaahua me ngā rauemi katoa o tēnei kōrero

Te tuhi tohutoro mō tēnei whārangi:

Maggy Wassilieff, 'Aquaculture - Green-lipped mussels', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/mi/graph/4744/value-of-new-zealand-aquaculture-production-by-species-2001 (accessed 21 July 2024)

He kōrero nā Maggy Wassilieff, i tāngia i te 12 Jun 2006