This topographic map of Wairarapa was drawn around 1853. It shows the land blocks taken up by various runholders, and Māori names for natural features. Lake Wairarapa was larger than it is today – it was later reduced by reclamation and drainage work.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library
Reference: MapCol-832. 45gbbd/[1853?]/Acc.8105
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.