Movie footage from the early 1970s shows first the Catholic and then the Anglican churches at Raukōkore. A notable feature of the Catholic church, which opened in 1930, was the entrance, framed by a whale’s jawbone. This has since been removed to the Whakatāne Museum.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Film by Peter Hodsell
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.