This is a classroom at the Coromandel School of Mines, soon after it was opened in 1897. A lantern slide projector is at the centre front. Test tubes and chemicals on the left would have been used for the identification of minerals. Posters of geological features have been pinned to the walls.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.