Near Kerikeri, these are the remains of a stone cottage and outbuildings that once belonged to stonemason John Edmonds and his family. They came to New Zealand in 1834 to work for the Church Missionary Society, and John built their home about 1840 from local basalt boulders.
Using this item
Heritage New Zealand – Pouhere Taonga
Photograph by Stuart Park
Permission of Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga must be obtained before any re-use of this image.