This view of the Kerikeri basin is taken from Kororipo pā and shows the Kerikeri Mission House (right) and the Stone Store (left). New Zealand’s oldest stone building, the store was built between 1832 and 1836 to house supplies, and produce from the mission farm. It was later used as a library, military barracks and trading post, and ended up as a general store. Now under the care of Heritage New Zealand, it is open to visitors.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence