The Kerikeri Mission House (sometimes known as Kemp House, after the missionary family that occupied it) is New Zealand’s oldest surviving European building. Built by missionaries and Māori sawyers and carpenters in 1821–22, the simple wooden house was occupied until 1974, when it was presented to the New Zealand Historic Places Trust (now Heritage New Zealand).
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence