This mill at Whakatāne was opened in 1939. It was the first on such a scale – more than a saw mill – in the Bay of Plenty, and was a major employer in the town for many years. It was upgraded by owners Carter Holt Harvey in 2004.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.