The Te Teko Hotel, on the banks of the Rangitāiki River, opened in 1879. Until 1908 the boats moored on the banks would ferry customers and other travellers across the river. In 1908 a pontoon ferry was introduced, and in 1915 a bridge was built.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.