Phoenix palms line Bow Street, the main road into the coastal town of Raglan. First settled in 1854 and known as Whāingaroa, the town was renamed in 1858 after a British commander in the Crimean war. With a once busy port, the town also supported local fishing and farming industries.
Using this item
Photograph by Stuart MacKenzie
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.