Story: Waikato places

Tūākau

Tūākau

The Tūākau bridge, built across the Waikato River in 1900, gave access to land south of the township of Tūākau. Pākehā farmers settled there, around Onewhero and Pukekawa.

Using this item

Auckland Cycle Touring Association
Photograph by John McKillop

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Nancy Swarbrick, 'Waikato places - Waikato Heads to Meremere', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/27270/tuakau (accessed 20 April 2019)

Story by Nancy Swarbrick, updated 11 Jun 2015