The original suspension bridge over the Waitara River, linking the Tikorangi and Huirangi communities, was built in 1897. In 1927 the bridge was replaced by one of similar design, which was closed to traffic for safety reasons in 1985. A private trust raised $630,000 for its restoration, and the bridge reopened for light traffic in 2006.
Using this item
Photograph by Ron Lambert
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.