The Port of Napier is located on Napier’s outer coast beneath Bluff Hill. The inner harbour at Ahuriri was also used for shipping purposes until the 1931 earthquake raised the seabed. As well as handling imports and exports, the port provides berthing facilities for visiting cruise ships.
Using this item
Port of Napier
Photograph by Ross Gannon
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.