St Mark’s Church, Carterton, is a splendid example of a Victorian wooden church in the Gothic style. Built in 1875 of locally-milled tōtara, the church has impressive stained-glass windows. These were donated by Charles Rooking Carter – after whom the town is named – in memory of his daughter.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Shirley Williams
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence