The Albury accommodation house on State Highway 8 was built in 1867. It had 13 bedrooms and could seat 30 in its dining room. When travel was slower and more difficult, such houses were common along routes. The Albury house is now a private residence.
Using this item
South Canterbury Museum
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.