Viticultural research was carried out at Te Kauwhata at a government horticultural research station from 1901. The station also produced and marketed its own wines for some years. It came under the control of Ruakura Research Station in 1965 and closed in 1992.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.