Kamō, 7 kilometres north of Whangārei, is now part of Whangārei city. It was once a coal-mining area, and a rail line was built from Whangārei to Kamō in 1880 in order to transport coal and mining materials. This is the main road through the settlement, photographed in the late 19th century.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.