When French explorer Jean François Marie de Surville sailed around the top of Northland in 1769, he lost three anchors. One is now in the national museum, Te Papa Tongarewa, and this one is in Kaitāia’s Far North Regional Museum.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Shirley Williams
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment