In the 1920s the port of Tauranga amounted to four modest wharfs. Two were at Tauranga, and one at the base of the mountain. The fourth, Salisbury wharf (centre), was built to service rail construction in 1911.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.