These modest tents were the only facilities for treating a typhoid outbreak in Te Urewera in 1924. Typhoid fever was always a threat in remote localities that lacked reliable means for separating water supply and human waste.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library, Sister Annie Henry Collection (PAColl-6098)
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment