St Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Auckland bucked the Gothic revival trend in being a classical revival structure. A simple stone nave had been built under the supervision of architect Walter Robertson in 1848. In 1882 Matthew Henderson considerably enhanced the building by adding an accomplished portico and tower. The tower included columns of the three classical orders: Ionic, Doric and Corinthian. This photograph was taken in the 1890s.
Using this item
Auckland City Libraries - Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero, Sir George Grey Special Collections
Permission of Auckland City Libraries Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero must be obtained before any re-use of this image.