The elaborate interior of the former Auckland synagogue exhibits Moorish and Romanesque influences. The building was designed by Edward Bartley and opened in 1885. Its opulence reflected the influence and wealth of the city's colonial Jewish community.
Using this item
Architecture Archive, The University of Auckland
Photograph by Rose Holley
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.