This Auckland building initially housed the general assembly (Parliament) which was established under the Constitution Act 1852. When the capital moved to Wellington at the end of 1864 the building was taken over by Auckland’s provincial council.
Using this item
Auckland City Libraries - Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero, Sir George Grey Special Collections
Permission of Auckland City Libraries Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero must be obtained before any re-use of this image.