Opened in 1891, Nga Tawa Diocesan School for Girls at Marton is shown around 1913, when it had just been bought by the Wellington Diocese of the Anglican Church. Girls line the drive on their ponies, which they were allowed to bring to school. The school’s commitment to horsemanship continued in the 2000s, when over 25% of students took part in the equestrian academy and competitions, and fully serviced stables were provided for students’ horses.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.