The Diocesan School for Girls in Auckland opened in 1904, an initiative by a new Anglican bishop of Auckland, Moore Richard Neligan. The school’s founding headmistress, Mary Pulling, was a graduate of a famous English girls’ school, Cheltenham Ladies' College. The centennial building shown here was one of several new facilities completed in the 2000s. It housed the library, information technology support office, careers department, offices for administrative and teaching staff, and classrooms for the 1,600 students who attended the school.
Using this item
Diocesan School for Girls, Auckland
Photograph by Nicola Topping
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.