Story: Marlborough places

St George’s church, Kēkerengū

St George’s church, Kēkerengū

Thought to be the smallest church in use in New Zealand, the St George’s Kēkerengū building was a store for many years, but was converted into a church in 1942. It is located on a back road 3 kilometres from the main coastal highway.

Using this item

Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Malcolm McKinnon

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Malcolm McKinnon, 'Marlborough places - Kaikōura coast', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/31881/st-georges-church-kekerengu (accessed 24 February 2019)

Story by Malcolm McKinnon, updated 18 Jun 2015