In 1873 David Herd planted Marlborough’s first vineyard, which he named Auntsfield, on land at Ōmaka. Wine was produced from the vines until 1931, when they were removed. In the 2000s grapes were again grown at Auntsfield and there was a statue of Herd at the entrance to Blenheim airport.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.