Lorne Farm was a benevolent institution run by the Southland Charitable Aid Board. Opened in 1899, it initially accommodated elderly men. A children's wing was opened in 1902. Here members of the board pose on the front steps on opening day with an ornamental tool inscribed with the date. The children's wing closed in 1926.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.